Soccer, football, field hockey and cross country are all fun to watch this time of year, but when the weather turns colder, planning ahead will help you enjoy the games.
Here are some tips for staying warm and comfortable from the sidelines:
- Check the weather forecast. Is it going to rain or snow? What’s the wind chill?
- Wear/bring layers that can be easily added or removed.
- Choose a jacket or coat with a hood, which adds extra protection, especially when windy.
- Wear appropriate footwear such as insulated boots and warm socks.
- Wear gloves, hat and scarf. Take a tote with extras for the friends sitting next to you.
- Pack a thermos with a warm drink, which will warm you from the inside, keep fingers toasty and bring your spirits up.
- Take along a blanket and umbrella for added protection and to keep you dry.
- Invest in a stadium seat or comfortable sideline chair.
- Before you leave home, heat up some Maine Warmers Palm Packs and/or a Neck Warmer in the microwave. Put the palm packs in your pockets or mittens and wrap the neck warmer around your neck and shoulders.
Keep the above essentials in your car. When you are making that cup of tea or cocoa to go, pop the Maine Warmers in the microwave for a few minutes and take them along. You’ll be glad you did.
Tags: dresssing for cold sporting events, football mom, hand warmers, heat therapy, hockey mom, microwave hand warmers, microwave heating pad, microwave heating pads, microwave neck warmer, neck warmers, soccer mom, staying warm at sporting events
On any order $100 or greater!
Popular Blog Categories
- Foot Care (3)
- Gifts for All Ages (2)
- Giveaways (35)
- Healthy Living (44)
- Arthritis Tips (8)
- Maine Warmers News (7)
- Maine Warmers Recipes (85)
- Gluten Free Recipes (76)
- Simple Solutions (54)
- Snippets – Stories about Maine people (47)
- Uses (21)
- Winter Survival (3)
We give away a Maine Warmer once a month! When you subscribe to our e-Newsletter you are automatically in the drawings. Subscribe Here!